Sunday 6 May 2018

Dear Jane Quilt, D-5, D-6, D-7, D-8 & D-9 - 30 of 225

I made block D-5 on Tuesday, but my measurements were off and the little squares would have had their tips cut off when the sashing was added, so I remade the block today.


D-5 close up.


I then made block D-6.  I miscalculated this block too so my diagonal lines are closer in than intended but I am not remaking the block.  When the black sashing is attached the black lines will no longer attach in a square.  This is the blandest block so far.


D-6 close up.


I then made block D-7 which went together without any issues.


D-7 close up.


On block D-8 I did a combination of techniques, by cathedral windowing the orange peels and machine appliqueing the kite shapes.


D-8 close up.


I made block D-9 with strips and then trimmed the edges and put borders on.


D-9 close up.


And here are the first 30 blocks together.  I haven't added the sashing between the blocks on the top row yet.


I was skype sewing with my friend Marilyn while making four of these blocks and we both made a few booboos on what each of us were working on, so we were keeping each other going instead of calling it a day and in the end we both got done what we wanted to accomplish.  I decided to continue sewing after we were done and got the fifth block finished so I can say that I got five blocks done this week beating my goal of three!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment