Thursday 19 April 2018

Wednesday was a Whopper of a Sew Day!

I sewed with some of my fellow guild members for almost four hours (with a lunch break) and managed to get 24 more basket blocks done, 12 in orange fabrics and 12 in yellows.  Here are 48 baskets so far in blacks, reds, oranges and yellows.


I'll be working on greens and turquoises next.

Then my daughter came over for super and to work on the wedding quilt for one of her girlfriends.  We worked for a couple of hours and got the second small triangle on all of the blocks which means all the blocks are now sewn.  Here are some of the blocks on the design wall.


We will likely be placing them all randomly, but for fun I laid them out so the diamonds were in matching pairs.  (I kind of like it!)  Below I laid them out so the touching side pieces match to make parallelograms.


The next step will be to finalise the arrangement of the blocks on the design wall and get the top put together.  Our goal is to have the top in one piece by the end of April and then I will have all of May to quilt and bind it for the wedding in early June.   Very doable.

1 comment:

  1. It's really coming together!!
    The basket quilt is so summery! Nice pattern choices!

    ReplyDelete