Monday 30 April 2018

Dear Jane Quilt, H9 & J9 - 25 of 225

Yesterday I finished the two blocks I had started on Thursday.

H9 was made by making a pinwheel block out of four half square triangles and then snowballing the corners and appliqueing on four diamonds.


And here's the close up.


I then meant to make I9, however, by mistake I made J9.  I am not going to remake it in a different colour, so when it comes to make J9, I will make I9 instead.....  J9 was simply a box with two frames.  The middle frame I made with mytered corners so I could open them to make orange peels and show the main fabric placed underneath.


And here's the close up.


And here are the first 25 completed blocks.


I now have 1/9th of the quilt made and it took me 3 months which means I am averaging 2 blocks a week.  I'd like to average 3 blocks a week so would like to make 12 blocks in May.  There are 24 blocks in the next round, so I would like to have 12 more blocks and the next round completed by the end of June.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great. I like the dark blocks on the corners. Wouldn’t you like to get inside Jane’s head while she was designing all these shapes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much trouble with some of these blocks - I did mine all by hand and some of those pieces were so troublesome I should have gave in and fused them in place but didn't

    ReplyDelete