Thursday 15 March 2018

Triad Quilt

My daughter Ainsley was over last night and we started working on a quilt for her girlfriend Victoria who is getting married June 2nd.  I was cutting and Ainsley was sewing.


We are making a triangle/diamond quilt with all different shades of green and using this Free Triad Quilt Pattern from Free Spirit.  However, we are using 6.5" triangles instead of 8.5" triangles and will have 15 rows and 16 columns to end up with a quilt 90" x 96" using 240 6" finished blocks.  Here is a better picture of some of the fabrics.


We got them all on a road trip to Avonport Discount Fabric a couple of weeks ago.  Green isn't my favourite colour, but I quite like most of these with their hint of teal.  Green is Victoria's favourite colour and that's what counts.

2 comments:

  1. I always thought you loved green! Haha
    I love the fabrics we picked out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like these greens, I just don’t like ALL greens equally.

    ReplyDelete