Monday 4 December 2017

Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville Mystery "On Ringo Lake" Part 2

I got all my strips cut for Part 2 (http://quiltville.blogspot.ca/2017/12/on-ringo-lake-part-2.html):


I decided to go with the method of making flying geese using Bonnie's Essential Triangle Tool because I like the no waste aspect of it and also if there is less trimming than using the large squares of fabric to make four at once, I'm sold.  Here's a sampling of some of my completed geese and I think I will use this method in the future, I barely trimmed at all, and could probably have gotten by without the trimming I did do:


Just for fun, here are a few of the blocks from Part 1 and 2 together  I do like the turquoise and coral together:


I wonder what blocks we will be making for Step 3?

#quiltvillemystery #onringolakequilt

Linking to (http://quiltville.blogspot.ca/2017/12/mystery-sunday-link-up-part-2.html)

2 comments:

  1. Your corals are so soft! I love it. Found you through the link up (I'm at IslandTimeQuilting.blogspot.com although I'm linking through Instagram)! :)

    ReplyDelete