Sunday 29 October 2017

Summer (August) Cottage Sewing

This post is long overdue but I preferred to spend my summer away from the blog, plus we don't even have cell phone service, let alone internet or cable television at the cottage.  I believe this is the way it should be so you can totally disconnect and relax.  My father had our cottage built when I was around two so I don't remember summers before the cottage.  As soon as school ended my mother and us kids headed to the cottage until school started again.  Dad joined us on weekends and for his vacation.  I think of the cottage more as home than anywhere we lived as with him being in the military we moved a lot.  On nice sunny days you could find me sewing on the deck my husband added last year.  Here's my view out over the lake:


I was working on an Irish Chain Quilt that I started last summer at the cottage and will continue with next summer as well:


Quite a few years ago, my FIL gave me his mother's Singer sewing machine.  At the time, I did not know it was a coveted Singer Featherweight.  I recently had it serviced and it sews great!  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment