Tuesday 11 July 2017

Sew Together Bag AND Bonnie Hunter's Summer 2017 Leader & Ender Challenge: Rail Fence

As usual, I have been working on things that are going to be gifted so can't blog about them until after they have been given away. (Edit added 2017-11-16) I just noticed I never mentioned that this bag was gifted to my daughter for her birthday!

I bought a Sew Together Bag pattern from Craftsy by Sew Demented
https://www.craftsy.com/sewing/patterns/sew-together-bag/136309
and here is a picture of the bag I made showing the three zippered inner pouches.


It really did go together quite easily and I will be making a few more, although I may alter the pattern a bit to make deeper pouches as I had a little difficulty stuffing some of the sewing kit items I wanted to give to my daughter into it. (The tomato pin cushion is small, but fat!


Here is a view with it all zipped up!


As you may have noticed in the background, you can see 4 Rail Fence blocks on the design wall. They are from Bonnie Hunter's Summer 2017 Leader and Ender Challenge.
http://quiltville.blogspot.ca/2017/07/summer-2017-leader-ender-challenge-rail.html
I have never made a leader & ender quilt before but thought it would be fun to give it a try.  I spent an afternoon cutting out over 300 1.5" x 6.5" coloured strips and have some black and neutral strips sets sewn and cut up. I made a few blocks to make sure I was putting them together properly and to see if I liked the look, which I do. This was also the first time I ever "spun" my seams on the four patches. It was easier than I thought and I don't think it will make the seams any more prone to unravelling. Finally a project I can blog about as I progress along!

1 comment:

  1. This bag is awesome and I like that scrappy rail fence block with the b/w checker board. I think I'll give it a try, too. :o))

    ReplyDelete