Thursday 1 June 2017

A UFO Charity Quilt - one large step closer to being finished

My friend M and I have made at least five full size quilts and various smaller ones together.  All the full sized ones were for charity except two.  One was commissioned by a co-worker as a Christmas present for her mother and one was made as a surprise for that same co-worker.  All the smaller ones were either for charity or for co-workers having babies.

Once a week I should start posting quilts I've made prior to the start of my blog so I have a record of my quilts all in one place.  (Squirrel!)

This particular charity quilt has to be at least 4 years old as I moved to a different work location 3 years before I retired and it was pieced prior to that.  M pieced most of it but I cut and pieced some of the colourful blocks.  (For those not familiar with "UFO" in the context of quilting, it stands for "unfinished object" as in a quilt that has been partly made but is not currently being worked on. Another quilt term "WIP" is also a quilt that has been partly made but is a "work in progress" and it is being worked on.)

M came to sew at my place last Sunday and we got it on the frame and got 2/5 of  it quilted.  I've worked on it twice since then and finished the quilting today.  M was over in St. John's, NL working and we were texting while the last two rows were stitching so she was in on the finish as well.

Anyway, here it is.  As I said, it's very colourful.  All fabric was donated, except the stripe and probably the black which came from M's stash.  It is approximately 50" by 60".


And here's a close up of the froggy pantograph, "Ribbet" by Patricia Ritter.  It must be a tree frog because it doesn't have webbed feet.


  M is going to make black binding for next time we get together.

No comments:

Post a Comment