Thursday 2 February 2017

Fabric Shopping!

My daughter and I took a trip to Avonport Discount Fabric on Monday and came home with nine pieces of batik for a Storm at Sea quilt.  She was knitting a scarf and we chatted and I only missed one exit as it was right on top of the previous exit so had to backtrack just a little bit. My friend M and I have gone to Avonport several times and we seem to always have to backtrack once each visit, and I'm not always the one driving...


I also picked up some solids in black, yellow, red and blue. I can't say what I'm making with these fabrics except to say a lap quilt as the person who will receive the quilt reads my blog...


That evening I heard It's Sew Time is having a closing out sale so had to visit it on Tuesday. I'm sorry to see them close, but 50% off is a good deal! I got a couple more batiks which may fit in with the ones purchased the day before and a storm at sea ruler which will really help with the cutting and piecing.


I also purchased two neutral background fabrics and a piece of coffee bean fabric, just for fun.


I also picked up a pineapple ruler and some bobbins.


Needless to say, with all this running around, I didn't actually get any sewing done!  It's currently snowing big fat flakes sticking to everything out there so maybe Wednesday will be a snow day = sew day!

1 comment:

  1. Nice looking acquisitions. We'll discuss directions to Avonport one day xo

    Mal

    ReplyDelete